Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Summer Pancakes for Lunch

When I was a little girl my grandfather taught me how to make Pancakes, and when I had my own children he taught my youngest son to make them also, in fact one of my fondest memories is of my Pa and son Jason making pancakes for us all in our kitchen,
We would coat them in butter and sprinkle with sugar, roll up and bite into the sweet crunchy sugar butter dripping homemade pancakes made with laughter and love.

 I of course needed to show off when younger and learn how to flip my Pancake and then when my son was ready he wanted to learn also. This recipe I share is great for those it holds shape well and if you cook properly no spatula is needed just a roll of the Pan.


Homemade Pancake Recipe 
 1 Large Egg,  1 c Plain flour ,  1 1/2 c milk,  1 teaspoon vanilla essence.  

I like to mix the egg , milk and vanilla first then add the flour whisking to make sure there is no lumps and the batter is smooth, 
I then pour into a jug and sit in the fridge for at least a hour to set the batter properly, not sure why this works but you do end up with a much better pancake if you give it time in the fridge.
I added some fresh Summer Raspberry's & French Custard* rolled into the pancakes and sprinkled on top before dusting of icing Sugar , yes my Lunch was very nice thank you. 

*French custard made by mixing 1 tablespoon cream and 2 tablespoons custard together

No comments:

Post a Comment