Sunday, January 16, 2011

Charlie's Choc Banana Bread


I Love Banana Bread,
But up until a couple of years ago had never tasted it, for some strange reason the thought of Banana Bread had never appealed to me at all, That soon changed when I was at Gloria Jeans Coffee shop one day with a friend and tried my first slice, the rest as they say is history! any excuse I could over the next couple of months I would visit Gloria Jeans for a slice of Banana Bread and you know what I don't even drink coffee ... 

I soon found that the same Banana Bread was at McDonald's too so even more Banana Bread love happiness,  But how much Banana Bread can a girl really have soon the novelty wore off and I didn't worry about it,
Then one day one of my online facebook friends Charlie was raving about a fantastic Banana Bread she had made, so I asked for the recipe and she sent me the link for this awesome creation.  Even though the recipe is really on Nigella Lawson website to me it is Charlies Banana Bread, and if you happen to have the Gloria Jeans one please share :)
 
CHOC BANANA BREAD ( originally from Nigella Lawson )
INGREDIENTS

250g (2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
125g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
250g (1 cup) caster (superfine) sugar
3 ripe medium size bananas, mashed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
175g (1 cup) good-quality dark or milk chocolate chip
                      




         

       METHOD
 


  • Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and put to one side.

  • Mix the butter, sugar, banana, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a separate bowl. when well mixed Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over mix. if you over mix it wont rise as well.

  • Pour the batter into a non-stick, or lightly greased and floured, 19 x 11 cm (7 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch) loaf tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.

  • Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment