Sunday, March 13, 2011

Apple or Pear Crumble


This is a big favorite in my house, a easy recipe that can be made in many different combination's, the main one being Apple because they are easy to come by here. 
Some of the combination's I have made include
Apple and Blackberry,
Apple and Rhubarb, 
Pear and Peaches,
Today I just made Pear crumble from some beautiful just ripe pears we brought while out going for a drive on the weekend. 

First you need to stew the fruit, just enough to make it soft but not soggy , old recipes say to add sugar to the fruit but for me there is enough natural sugar in the fruit so I just add water and gently bring them to the boil. drain and let cool.

Apples
6 to 8 Apples or Pears lightly cooked,
(I sometimes use 1 large tin pie apples)
Topping
2 Tb butter 
¾ c S.R. flour
½ c Brown sugar
Mix together with a fork or fingers to for a nice crumble mix, then sprinkle over Fruit in a pie dish or single ramekins,
cook on medium heat til golden brown, eat hot or cold yum. 

I like mine with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream ;)  





No comments:

Post a Comment