Friday, December 24, 2010

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Yes it is Christmas eve in my house, very quiet and relaxed just my partner, myself and our cats, I am working at the hospital tomorrow morning then will go see my mum and son then bring him home to have Christmas tea with us, a quiet affair of Ham and Chicken with Salad followed by homemade Christmas Pudding that is sitting on the bench cooling now.

I haven't made this Pudding in over 18 years it was my partners mums recipe she got from her mum and handed down to us after she has passed away,
Mind you I had to decipher it from a scrap of paper stuck in a book that had faded over the years, this pudding only has 1 1/2 cups of fruit in it so we only make it a couple of days before eating and is a family favorite for the skin it sets when cooled and eaten the next day.


So while you sit down to your meal tomorrow I hope you also can follow in a good cooking family tradition. Merry Christmas to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment