Thursday, May 24, 2012

PEAR & RASPBERRY BREAD


PEAR & RASPBERRY BREAD

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 Tb Raspberry's ( Fresh, Frozen or Tinned )
  • 1 ½ cups SR Flour
  • ½ tsp Bicarb Soda
  • 1 Egg
  • 4 reasonably sized Pears, peeled cored and diced or 1 tin 825g Pears chopped up well.
  • ( you don’t want big lumps of pear)
  • 1/3 cup Raw Sugar
  • ½ cup canola oil or 1225g butter soft
  • Cinnamon Sugar to dust.







METHOD

  • Preheat over to 180 degrees.
  • Make sure you have lined your loaf pan with baking paper.
  • Process the raspberry's to make them like a lumpy puree.
  • Mix together the butter, sugar, egg then add the Pears and give a good whisk to mix well.
  • Slowly stir flour and Bicarb in till mixed completely trying not to over mix.
  • Gently add the mixture into the loaf pan form a even top by spreading last of mixture with a fork.
  • Sprinkle a nice dusting of cinnamon Sugar on top.
  • Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean.
  • Cool on rack and slice when cooled
    Enjoy :) 

    Now it's out of the oven and almost cold I had a slice of the end, Hmm a couple things didn't work well, the seal on the oven I used isn't quite good and I think that stopped it rising as much as it should, also I used the flour that was here and I should have used a good quality one like I do when making normal bread, so I suggest if you make this use the best flour you can , now in the making stage I will next time blend the pear in completely as I don't like it how it looks in the slice, does taste nice though, so if you make this please come and let me know what your think or what you would change :)

    Edit --- 3 days after making this Bread and all I can say is Yum, it improves with age so if you can make it and leave it in your fridge overnight its heaps nicer and is defiantly going to be a new favourite in my kitchen, I'm going to see what it turns out like as Muffins next :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment